GRANDPA'S DRUNK PEACHES
Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:43 am EST
The peaches ready to be eaten
This was one of my grandpa's (nonno) summer favorites. Super simple (semplice) and a very quick, healthy (sano) dessert.
Here is what you need for four servings:
- 4 yellow (or white, if prefered) peaches
- 2-3 tbsp white sugar (zucchero)
- the juice of half a fresh lemon (limone)
- 2-3 tbsp of dry white wine (vino bianco)
- cut (tagliare) the peaches into bite-sized chunks (peaches have to be room temperature) in a bowl (ciotola).
- coat peaches (pesche) with sugar and fresh lemon. Mix together then sprinkle them with the white wine.
Let sit for about half an hour (mezz'ora) then mix them again and serve in cups (bicchieri). After you finish the peaches, don't forget to enjoy the super yummy juice (succo) that will sit on the bottom (sul fondo)!